Canadian Voyageur Brigade Society
The Canadian Voyageur Brigade Society has evolved from the 2008 David Thompson Brigade. Through our society, planning and admin support materials, skills, and funds remaining from past brigades are available to support future brigades to ensure that voyageur brigades, and the skills and enjoyment of big canoe paddling will occur, and be passed onto the next generation of paddlers across Canada.
OUR GOALS ARE TO:
- Link BIG canoe paddlers with adventure, skills and paddling opportunities.
- Provide access to general plans, schedules, budgets, safety plans and similar documents from previous brigades which will ease the planning task for future brigade organizers.
- Archive documents and images from completed brigades.
- Support future brigades with seed funding, insurance and registration support where needed.
- Develop a “Big Canoe” educational program for paddler and leader development.
- Promote Water Stewardship and Cultural Cooperation across Canada through our brigades and the skills of paddling big canoes.
Are you planning to paddle a 2023 Brigade – Participant Membership Registration & Waiver is here! This registration will open mid-January 2023.